The CBC exists to glorify God by proclaiming the gospel holistically in Cameroon and beyond in obedience to the Great Commission of the our Lord Jesus Christ as led by the Holy Spirit.
The Reverend Joseph Merrick was a native of Jamaica, and of African descent. He was educated in the school of the Baptist Missionary Society, and as a youth began in 1837 to preach. He was soon after associating with his father in the pastorate of the church at Jericho in Jamaica.
“Don’t get caught in the quest for spiritual growth than in the quest for the person Jesus. For misplaced priorities is desiring spiritual gifts more than your desire for the person Jesus Christ.”
— Urgency Of Knowledge
Our Beliefs /Values
- We believe that the church is a spiritual family which cares about the spiritual welfare of its members
- We believe that God is Sovereign
- We believe that God is the purpose and cause of our worship
- We believe that we are to bear witness and give testimony of God’s work of salvation in our lives
- We believe that the preaching and teaching of the Word is central to the life of the church.
- We believe that the policies, practices, and worship within the body of believers should be ordered by the Word of God
- Develop a growing relationship with God through Bible study, prayer, and worship (John 8:31-32).
- Seek, by studying the indicated scriptures, understanding of the divine imperatives upon which our covenant is based (II Timothy 3:16) .
- Love and care for one another with understanding, compassion, appreciation, and joy (John 13:34-35, Romans 12:4-8).
- Oppose all social evil which separates us from God and from our neighbor (Matthew 5:13-14, Romans 12:1-2) .
- Witness by Christian example to those who are not a part of the Family of God, actively seeking to know and meet their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs (John 15:8, Romans 13:8-9, Acts 1:8) .
- Honor God by being good stewards of all He has given us as we faithfully nourish, protect, and develop physically, mentally, and spiritually (Romans 12:1-2, I Corinthians 6:19-20).