The Cameroon Baptist Convention Education Department in collaboration with the Cameroon Government and in fulfillment of the command of the Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 28: 19-20 has been providing quality Christian Education from the time of the first Baptist Missionaries in the 1800s. The Education department currently operates 12 Secondary Schools, 1 Teacher Training College ,19 Primary Schools, 6 Nursery Schools and over 700 workers.
Providing Sound Quality Christian Education
The Cameroon Baptist Convention Education Department seeks to provide sound quality Christian education as an expression of love and concern and as a means of witnessing in order that the beneficiaries might be brought to God through Jesus Christ.
Blessed is the people whose God is the LORD.
Nyanganji Job Indi
CBC Education Secretary
Mr. Nyanganji Job Indi is holder of a B.A in Education (Hons),He was a teacher of Geography and a Principal from the year 1988-2014, Pedagogic Adviser for Secondary Education from the year 2014 to 2017 and Education Secretary of the Cameroon Baptist Convention from the year 2017 till date.
Mr Wainachi Aaron Timbong
CBC Education Department Board Chairman
Mr Wainachi Aaron Timbong is a holder of a Grade One Certificate . He has been a Teacher from 1987-2007. He has been Headteacher of of Government School Sowi-Belo Sub Division of the Northwest Region, Chief of Bureau for Examinations and Pedagogic Inspectorate of Basic Education and presently occupying the position of the Inspector of Basic Education. He is the Chairman of the CBC Education Board.
- Email:email@example.comOpens in your application
The Education Department In Action
Educating The Head And Heart
Programs and Services
Our Services Reach all 10 Regions of the Country
Education Department (ED) Nursery And Primary Schools
No. Nursery School
No. Primary School
Donga / Mantung
Mezam / Belo/ West
Fako / Meme
Church/Field-Run Schools Nursery And Primary Schools
No. Nursery Schools
No. Primary Schools
Centre / South / East Regions
South West / Littoral Regions
We have the following Schools in Two Regions of the Country
- South West Region
- Saker Baptist College (Limbe, Fako)
- Baptist High School (Buea,Fako)
- Baptist High School ( Kang Barombi-Kumba,Meme)
- Cameroon Baptist Academy (Muyuka, Fako)
- Baptist Comprehensive College (Buea,Fako)
- Northwest Region
- Baptist Comprehensive High School (Nkwen,Mezam)
- Baptist Comprehensive High School (Njinikijem,Boyo)
- Baptist High School(Mankon,Mezam)
- Baptist High School (Ndop,Ngoketunjia)
- Chaffe Memorial College(Kumbo,Bui)
- Joseph Merrick Baptist College(Ndu, Donga-Mantung)
The CBC Education Department has a Baptist Teacher Training College (BTTC) in Ndop
The Pedagogic In- Service Training Programme (ISTP) Cameroon is a partnership scheme of the Presbyterian Church In Cameroon (PCC) and the Cameroon Baptist Convention (CBC) in cooperation with Bread for the World Protestant Service (BftW) Germany. The ISTP underscores the fact that the broad aim of education requires the development of competencies, processes and the cultivation of attitudes that have a social ethical base. In this way the learner becomes an active agent in the learning process and takes responsibility to apply the knowledge skills and attitudes acquired in daily life situations. In this context, the teacher becomes a guide, adviser or facilitator. The ISTP focuses on Education for life and education for liberation in an interdisciplinary model of education which enables the Cameroonian child cope with the challenges of a rapidly changing world. It upholds that creating a climate for effective communication and working on the learner self-esteem in the classroom is primordial to effective learning. The program has been working in this direction since 1994 and today it has been extended to the primary school and early childhood education.
ISTP-specific contextual background
- Teachers have limited skills in building higher level competences in learners
- Schools of the PCC and CBC have a profile with high reputation across the nation of Cameroon
- Schools function in a national environment that is very heterogeneous and currently under precarious circumstances
Mainstream aspects in ISTP Teacher training model
- Peace Education and Non- Violent Communication
- Breaking Gender stereotypes & promoting the girl child
- Good governance and democratic practice
- Environmental Education
- Protestant profile
Systemic levels in Teacher training
- Early Childhood Education (Pre-concepts)
( In all cases: learning triangle involved: parents, learners, teachers)
- Students have more competences in science
- Teachers who take part in ISTP have implicit ability theories that activate learning
- ISTP training adequately compensates the absence of pre-service teacher training
- Pool of teacher trainers (multiplicators) and teachers trained quality teaching dimensions
- Learner-centred schemes of work produced and used in schools
- Realization of didactic materials and a didactic material manual for use in secondary schools
- Realization of all girls project, ground breaking in gender stereotypes
Teachers and learners in 450 schools
Teacher trainers (Multiplicators): 107
Contact us @
P.O. Box 5105
Bamenda, N.W. Region
Republic of Cameroon
Mobile Phone (237) 677665341
Coming soon . . .
- Pray for an amicable settlement of the socio-political crisis to enable schools function normally.
- Pray for a qualitative and quantitative increase in enrolment in our schools.
- Pray for the effective decentralization of ED institutions.
- Pray for parents/sponsors/guardians of our pupils/students to assume full responsibility by sending their children to school and be able to meet up with the financial commitments.
- Pray for Prayers, Hard work and Discipline (PHD) on the part of the students and staff as well
- Pray for the provision of basic necessities of life for the staff