The Cameroon Baptist Convention Finance and Development Department (FDD) is charged with the responsibility to scrupulously manage, develop real property, projects and God’s financial resources in a manner that guarantees transparency and accountability. FDD is headed by a Director with two Deputy Directors for the Finance and Development Sub-Departments. FDD today operates over 31 Bursaries all over the national territory that receive and disburse payments for any CBC transaction. This department operates an internal audits service, landed property service, a micro-finance service (Self Precautionary Scheme), and a development fund that mobilizes and supports developmental initiatives in the convention. The development sub-department charts the developmental agenda for the convention and carries out diverse capacity building initiatives geared at empowering Christians, Churches, Associations and Fields.
We work to hear the commendation “well done, good and faithful servants.”
To ensure the Scrupulous management and development of real property, projects and God’s financial resources in a manner that guarantees transparency and accountability.To carry out its mission effectively, The FDD comprises the Sub-Department of Finance and the Sub-Department of Development.
If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?
Mr. Ntam Ephraim
Director, Finance & Development Department
Mr. Ntam Ephraim Njang is a Finance Expert and a Fellow Charted Certified Accountant (FCCA) and holds an MSc in Accounting and Finance. He has served as a Teacher, Senior Accountant with the CBC Health Services (2014) and now Director (2017) of the CBC Finance and Development Department.
Mr. Bomnsa Thadeus Jini
FDD Board Chair
Mr. Bomnsa Thadeus Jini is ...
- Address:Baptist Center Nkwen Bamenda
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.orgOpens in your application
The Finance & Development Department In Action
Programs and Services
Our Services Reach all 10 Regions of the Country
The Internal Audit Unit is headed by a Chief Internal Auditor.
The audit unit is charged with the responsibility to monitor compliance standards and execute periodic audits of the Convention departments and its institutions and produce appropriate reports.
The Finance and Development Department runs a network of 117 bursaries throughout the national territory. These bursaries facilitate financial transactions in the CBC with ease. Payments can be made into any CBC institution from any bursary in the country. Likewise cash can be paid out from any CBC institution anywhere in the country.
The Self Precautionary Scheme (SPS) seeks to provide CBC Pastors and Staff with a means of developing their financial and economic abilities and to promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ through providing low interest loans for capital investment and giving them sufficient income on retirement.
SPS Products and Services
- Savings Accounts: For regular savings, withdrawals.this account can serve as a collateral for a loan.This account earns interest at the end of the year.
- Retired Pastors Accounts: Holders of this account can only withdraw upon retirement. The account also earns bonuses of at the end of the year.
- Salary Accounts; This account is mostly used as a form of loan repayment.No interest is paid on this account.
- Shares: A share cost 25,000frs and members are entitled to up to 20 shares at 500,000frs. Dividends are paid on share at the end of the year.
- Loans: SPS gives out school fee loans,business, land acquisition, building loans to her members.
The mission of the Cameroon Baptist Convention Development Fund (CBCDF) is to mobilize resources for the Strategic development of the Cameroon Baptist Convention, in order to effectively glorify God and proclaim the Gospel holistically in Cameroon and beyond.
- To source for funds or mobilize resources.
- Manage funds raised in the most sustainable manner.
- Study and finance development projects of the CBC.
The Sub-Department of Development, headed by a Deputy Director, is responsible to:
- Lay down policy guidelines for project development, implementation and evaluation,
- Design, and oversee the execution and evaluation of viable projects for the Convention in collaboration with relevant departments and other institutional heads;
- Provide assistance and training to build the capacity of local Churches, Associations, Fields, Departments, and the Convention’s institutions on project development, proper implementation, the establishment of inventories relating to property under their control, management and use, and the proper acquisition, development and management of landed property;
- Set up and maintaining a sound data base for CBC property.
To accomplish our mandate, we do carryout the following activities:
- Training at all levels on income generating activities, strategic planing, project designing and management, etc.
- Grants and Project Writing
- Project development and resource mobilization.
At the CBC Landed Property Service;
- We ensure that information is available and accessible to facilitate land transactions (acquisition, titling, and development) within the CBC. In the context of complex land procedures and tenure regulations, we raise awareness and provide cutting-edge interventions that secure land rights not only for the CBC, but also for rural and urban population whom we serve.
- We maintain an up-to-date inventory of property within the CBC, ensuring that the institution demonstrates stewardship and accountability for landed property resources.
- We provide Para-Legal assistance for the CBC in ensuring that land disputes and litigations are mitigated and that access to justice is widened.
- Getting land rights , issues right are very critical to ending poverty in all its forms and in advancing the 2030 Global Goals. We serve as a hub for the CBC on land rights issues and tenure security.
- Given the rampant corruption in the land sector, the CBC landed property services seeks to be the light for the world and becoming a model for replication within the CBC.
- Providing assistance and training to build the capacity of local Churches, Associations, Fields, Departments, and the Convention’s institutions on project development, proper implementation, the establishment of inventories relating to property under their control, management and use, and the proper acquisition, development and management of landed property;
- Setting up and maintaining a sound data base for CBC property.
The main challenge faced as the Development-sub department
Areas of Need
- We need more funding in order to operate at full capacity.
- We need more office space, equipments and furniture.
- We need more Staff.
- We need a brand new Hilux to enable us visit any Field at any time of the year.
- We need a stable economy free from crisis and pandemics.
Pray for the pioneer Deputy Director as he acquaint himself in the new department.
- Pray for more funding, staff, office space, equipment and furniture.
- Pray that as the staff move through difficult roads, they will be safe from all forms of accidents.
- Pray for less litigation in land matters within the CBC.