Producing (research, plan, write, edit) and publishing web content in a creative and consistent way with an eye for detail and an understanding of the special requirements of web writing. The Web Editor shall be answerable to the Manager of the CBC Communications Department.
- Produce and publish new content in a creative way.
- Develop a content strategy for CBC appropriate to each online presence, in support of organisational needs.
- Liaise with departments and in-house team members to decide on new posts.
- Responsible for the management of the website’s blog, polls, news, announcements, events, calendar, social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram), multimedia, e-newsletters, and any special projects.
- Oversee layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork).
- Check content for accuracy.
- Proofread and edit material whilst adhering to the Press Division’s editorial procedures.
- Planning an editorial schedule for the website.
- Collaborate with professionals (e.g. web designers, communication experts, graphic designers and photographers) to improve article presentation.
- Use SEO and social media to drive traffic.
- Ensure content is up-to-date.
- Comply with national and international copyright and privacy regulations.
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure popularity.
- Keep track of developments in web technology.
- Ready to take other duties as assigned by the Executive President of the CBC.
- Relevant experience in web editing.
- Sound editorial skills.
- Adequate knowledge of SEO.
- Excellent writing skills in English (French is an asset).
- A knack for detail.
- Possess creative abilities.
- BSc in Journalism, Communications, or any related field.
- Be a committed and growing Christian.