Training For Excellence
Diverse Training Programs For Internal And External Use
Regional Training Center For Excellence
Baptist Institute of Health Sciences
Baptist Training School For Health Personnel
Baptist Institute of Health Scienes
Cameroon Baptist Theological Seminary Ndu
Theological Education By Extension
Baptist Institute of Higher Learning (BIHL) authorized on the 12th of April 2020 runs three Institutes for the 2020/2021 Academic Year.
Higher Institute of Social Sciences
- Clinical Psychology
- Sociology And Anthropology
- Clinical Psychology
Higher Institute of Arts
Higher Institute of Education
Bachelors of Education
- Curriculum Studies and Teaching
- Work, Community and Family Education
- Elementary Education
We, the Cameroon Baptist Convention Churches; affirming our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as the author and finisher of our faith, and believing in those distinctives and principles for which Baptists stood, lived and died for; considering the fact that the Bible is the final authority in matters of faith and practices; mindful of the rapid increase of doctrines and practices that tend to lead some away from the truth of the gospel and faith in our Lord Jesus; mindful of the need to maintain the unity of the church until Christ returns in glory, and mindful of Paul’s exhortation, “Let all things be done decently and in order,” we hereby solemnly set forth and declare the following statements of faith:
BIHS is a newly authorized institution of the Cameroon Baptist Convention that brings together two existing training programs (PAACS & CIMS) plus other relevant specializations.
The Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons (PAACS) is a strategic response to the need for surgeons in Africa. PAACS trains African physicians as surgeons to care for the poor and the sick. PAACS also disciples these surgeons to share the love of Christ with their patients to bring hope to those who are suffering
- PAACS exists to train and disciple African surgeons to glorify God and to provide excellent, compassionate care to those most in need.
- We envision African surgeons living the Gospel and ministering to the sick.
Applicants Must Be:
- Successful graduates of either general surgery, otolaryngology, or maxillofacial training programs.
- Citizens of an African nation.
- Have an active and credible profession of Christian faith.
- Exceptionally fluent in English.
- Dedicated to serve in underserved communities in Africa throughout their careers.
- Able to provide a strong written recommendation from your pastor and a medical colleague who knows you well and has worked with you in a clinical setting.
- Willing to participate in training PAACS general surgery residents on ENT rotation.
The Christian Internal Medicine Specialization (CIMS) Program is an Internal Medicine residency program organized under the auspices of the Cameroon Baptist Convention Health Services to provide quality post-graduate medical education in a Christian setting. CIMS seeks to train committed Christian physicians who will assist in the provision of quality, specialized care with genuine compassion to all who need it as an expression of Christian love. The vision of the program is to have well-trained physicians who desire to continue the healing ministry of Jesus.
By joining the CIMS program, a young doctor has a chance to learn how to practice high quality healthcare in the field of Internal Medicine with some experience in Pediatrics as well. By the end of training, he/she will be confident in assessing patients in the hospital and in clinic for all types of medical problems. They will also be proficient in procedures such as EGD, bone marrow biopsies, lumbar punctures, and thoracenteses. They will have experience in oncology, both adult and pediatric, and be comfortable treating many cancers with chemotherapy. Finally, we hope that he/she will be able to share Jesus Christ’s love with each patient as they try to impact their patient’s lives both medically and spiritually.
Other Training Programs
Coming soon . . .
The BTSHP was created in 1955 with the aim of training staff based on biblical standards so they will effectively articulate the CBCHS mission statement. The school started as a Grade II Midwifery School and today is training health personnel from all over Cameroon and beyond.
Motto: Quality Training, Quality Care
- Biomedical Technology
- Operating Room Techniques and Anesthesiology
- Medical Imaging
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Medical Laboratory Sciences For more information: https://cbchealthservices.org/training-institution/btshp/
MIHS is an Institution of Higher Learning, accredited by the Ugandan National Council for Higher Education with a specialist Health Care and Training Centre situated on Entebbe Road in Lweza, South of Kampala, Uganda. This partnership runs specialized training programs with the CBC Health Services based on Modular Courses at the CBC Health Services Complex (HSC) Buea Road, Mutengene Cameroon.
RTC was created in 2004 as an offshoot of the CBC Health Services’ partnership with AWAREHIV-AIDS. It was created based on the need to train staff and upgrade the skills of personnel in relevant fields of Public Health and Community Outreach especially in the Sub-Saharan African Setting. The Courses taught were designed based on felt needs, contextual realities, changing trends and global standards.
- The CBC Health Services Regional Training Center for Excellence seeks to assist in the building of Sustainable Health Systems through developing effective Health Leaders.
- Strengthening Health Systems for Best Health Outcomes
- Prevention from Diseases, Public Health and Health Promotion, Quality Health Care Provision and Monitoring and Evaluation of Health Services/Projects.
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social System Management – 36 & 18 Months (Modular) Validated by the University of ManchesterUK.
- Diploma in Public Health – 18 months (Modular) Validated by Mildmay Institute of Health Sciences in Uganda.
- Diploma in Medical Records and Informatics –, (Modular) Validated by Mildmay Institute of Health Sciences in Uganda.
- Diploma in Pediatric Palliative Care -12 months (Validated by Mildmay Institute of Health Sciences in Uganda.
- Diploma in Human Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics – 2 Years (Modular): Validated by Mildmay Institute of Health Sciences in Uganda.
- Diploma in Community HIVand AIDS Care and Management -18 months (Modular) Validated by Mbarara University of Science and Technology Uganda.
- Diploma in Counseling – 18 Months (Modular) Validated by Mildmay Institute of Health Sciences in Uganda.
- These specialized courses are open to the general public. Admissions are currently going on and will end on the 30th of April 2020, while classes will begin in May, 2020.
- Fees are affordable, 210,000 FCFA per module for 6 modules, with a non-refundable registration fee of 10,000 FCFA.
- Interested candidates must have either a professional certificate, and or holders of A/L certificate.
- N/B Students can work while they study. As such, they do not need to resign from their jobs.
- Download application forms here: RTC Application Form
Filled application forms should be sent to:
For more information contact:
- The Registrar: +237 663944387
- Academic Dean: +237 677 565 537
- Website: https://cbchealthservices.org/regional-training-center/
- Address: CBC Health Services Complex, Mutengene, South West Region, Cameroon
For more information: https://cbchealthservices.org/training-institution/baptist-vocational-training-centre/
Theological Education By Extension (TEE)
BIBLE TRAINING FOR PASTORS AND CHURCH LEADERS (BTCPL)
BTCP training uses a biblical, systematic, portable and comprehensive approach to providing the foundational equivalent of a good Bible college or seminary education. Our training consists of 520 hours of interactive classroom lecture and discussion under the supervision of a qualified teacher, taking about 2 years to complete. Our Mission is to extend comprehensive theological training to the world’s untrained pastors and church leaders.
- Providing the "irreducible minimum" for educating pastors and church leaders in basic Bible knowledge and practical ministry skills.
- Equipping and training pastors and church leaders to handle and use the Word of God properly and productively in their preaching, teaching and counseling ministry.
- Encouraging the personal spiritual growth of pastors and church leaders toward maturity in Christ.
- Enabling pastors and church leaders to equip and train others to do the work of ministry.
- Exhorting pastors and church leaders to personal obedience and application.
- Bible Study Methods and Rules of Interpretation
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- Preaching Biblical Messages and Pastoral Ministry
- Bible Doctrine Survey
- Personal Spiritual Life
- Church Ministry/ Administration/ Education
- Teaching Principles and Methods
- Church History Survey
- Missions/Evangelism/ Discipleship
BTCPL Website: https://www.bibletraining.com
Training and coaching pastors and church leaders to finish the Great Commission.
- Two Levels – Two Degrees
Tier 1: To earn a BA or MA in Ministry pastors form a T-Net 10-Course Training Center meeting for a full week of study every four months for three years. After Course 5 pastors form teams and begin to train others whom they have recruited into new T-Net Centers.
1. Intro to Finishing the Great Commission
2. Training Church Planters
3. Bible Study Methods and Sermon Prep
4. Evangelism and Disciplemaking
5. Coaching Leaders and Multiplying Ministry
6. Developing a Disciplemaking Church
7. Developing Leaders & Launching Disciplemaking
8. Managing Disciplemaking Churches
9. Teaching the Entire Bible
10. Teaching Bible Doctrine
- Tier 2: Adding either an MA or a DMin Degree. Students who have begun their own training centers can pursue a second degree in Organizational Management for the Multiplication of Ministry. The T-Net 10-Course degree is a prerequisite. Those who earned a BA may now advance to an MA, those who earned an MA during the 10-Course program may now pursue a Doctor of Ministry. Teaching fellowships provide scholarships for 75% of the 60 credit hours.
- Management of Personal Life and Ministry
- Coaching and Mentoring of Leaders
- Communication skills/Conflict Resolution
- Supervision and Accountability
- Leadership Development
- Strategic Planning
- Advanced Spiritual Development
- Advanced Reporting and Data Analysis
- Human Resource Management
- Ethics in Ministry
- Issues in Organizational Management
- Ministry Practicum (Learning by Doing)
- Teaching Practicum (Learning by Teaching)
- Final Project
T-NET Website: www.Tnetwork.com
LEAD LIKE JESUS
What does Lead Like Jesus do?
We believe that Jesus is the greatest leadership role model of all time. Lead Like Jesus® is a global training and equipping organization that helps individuals and organizations discover, embrace and apply the leadership model of Jesus. We do this by offering a variety of individual and team-oriented solutions and resources both domestically and internationally.
Because we believe that successful leadership begins on the inside, our programs and solutions intentionally focus on a person’s heart motivation first. Then we broaden our scope to address personal habits and leadership tactics.
Someday everyone, everywhere will be impacted by someone who leads like Jesus.
Our mission is to glorify God by inspiring and equipping people to lead like Jesus.
Beliefs About Leadership
- We believe Jesus is the greatest leadership role model of all time.
- We believe leadership happens anytime we influence the thinking, behavior, or development of another person.
- We believe effective leadership starts on the inside with our hearts.
- We believe serving is the only approach to leadership Jesus validates for his followers
What’s your most popular leadership program/solution?
- For individuals, our Lead Like Jesus Revisited book and our Lead Like Jesus 6-week Study Guide are a great way to begin the journey to becoming a Lead like Jesus leader.
- For teams, organizations, churches and church planters, we recommend our 10-hour Encounter experience as the foundation for discovering the leadership model of Jesus and applying it in daily activities, decision-making and interactions with co-workers, ministry partners, congregations, clients, vendors, family and more.
Lead Like Jesus Website: https://www.leadlikejesus.com/
The Navigators is focused on developing disciples person-by-person-by-person and encouraging spiritual growth across life stages. A disciple is someone who believes in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, intentionally learns from Him, and strives to live more like Him. Discipleship means intentionally helping people learn from and live more like Christ by praying with them, spending time together in His Word, walking alongside them in everyday life, and equipping them to do the same with others. God is transforming lives through these spiritual generations.
Navigator's Website: https://www.navigators.org
CAMPUS CRUSADE FOR CHRIST
Our purpose is helping to fulfill the Great Commission in the power of the Holy Spirit by winning people to faith in Jesus Christ, building them in their faith and sending them to win and build others and helping the body of Christ to do evangelism and discipleship through a variety of creative ways.
Campus Crusade For Christ Website: https://www.cru.org
The Center for Clinical Pastoral Education and Social Services (CECPES) is to the Cameroon Baptist Convention Health Services chaplaincy and Social Services Departments what the CBC School for Health Personnel (Formerly Private Training School for Health Personnel) is to CBCHS Nursing Department. This program was officially launched in 2008 with funds from the American Association for Clinical Pastoral Education. The program came to help train those who were functioning as “chaplains” at the time with no professional training. Before this program came, there were many men and women of God who were so kind, honest and sincere in what they were doing but very incompetent in the face of human needs.
This program seeks to train Christian chaplains, professional Christian counsellors and church pastors for effective Pastoral Care and Social ministries of the church. This Center also acts as an ideal hands-on practicum site for social workers as well as mentoring program for young seminarians who desire to form a solid Pastoral and ministerial identities as well as receiving seminary credit for their degrees. The uniqueness of the CECPES is its contextual and interdenominational nature to meet the needs of the Cameroonian church and para-church institutions. The program has also begun the process of training national supervisors, though the process has halted some logistic and professional reasons.
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) – Basic and Advanced
- Summer CPE (Mostly reserved for Seminarians) though everyone is welcomed to apply. Usually starts first Monday in June and ends second Friday in August.
- CPE Extended (Day and Night) – Meets once a month for ten months
- Social Works Training – For now, only candidates selected through recruitment by the Cameroon Baptist Convention Health Services as social workers are trained through CECPES for 12 weeks of 400 hours with intensive clinical supervision at the clinical sites.
- Counseling Psychology – 36-hour course consisting of 11 compulsory courses, a practicum, an elective and a 30-page integrative paper for those with at least a BA in a related field.
- Residency – A one year Residency program that begins from September to August the following year. Stipends are offered to CBCHS candidates only. Sponsoring organizations may offer stipends to their students.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
Tel: (+237) 674110862 (Director, CCC) - (+237) 674817067 (Amin. Ass. CCC) - (+237) 677764781 (DHS)
Location: Opposite Mbingo Annex, Baptist Centre, Nkwen, Bamenda North West Region, Cameroon