The Cameroon Baptist Convention (CBC) Health Services is a Non-profit, Faith-based Healthcare Organization that offers holistic care to all as an expression of Christian love. Our team of close to 5000 employees; Specialists, Doctors, Nurses, Administrators, Social Workers and other Support Staff respond to the health needs of people in both urban and rural underserved communities daily. Our services cover the entire country, with facilities in 8 of the 10 Regions of Cameroon, open 24/7 to provide holistic care to all. We maintain partnerships with National and International Organizations in providing care.
Quality Health Care To All
The CBC Health Board seeks to assist in the provision of care to all, who need it as an expression of Christian love and as a means of witness, in order that they might be brought to God through Jesus Christ. Thus the Health Board shall provide exemplary health care with genuine compassion and with overriding purpose of evangelical witness.
Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
Prof. Tih Pius Muffih
Director, CBC Health Services
Dr. Tih Pius Muffih is from Cameroon and holds a Ph.D in Public Health and has functioned in different capacities including the post of Director of the Cameroon Baptist Convention Health Services, CBCHS - a large network of hospitals, HIV services, services for people with disabilities and other health related programs. Over the years, Pius has successfully led the CBCHS which is a vast and comprehensive health organization with close to 5,000 permanent staff. He is a very reputable public health expert that has been at the forefront of several best public health practices in Cameroon and in other countries.
DR. MBOME NJIE VICTOR
CBC Health Services Board Chairman
Dr. Mbome is holder of a Diploma in Health Systems Management, a Master’s in Public Health, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Surgery. He has over the years served as: South West Regional Delegate of Public Health, Lecturer at the Faculty of Health Sciences in the University of Buea (Teaches Head and Neck Anatomy to medical students, and Management Courses for MPH students), Director of the Regional Hospital Buea , Inspector of Services in the Ministry of Public Health Yaoundé, Director of the Regional Hospital Limbe, Medical Adviser of the Regional Hospital Limbe. He has been a practicing Dental Surgeon since 1986.
Health Service in Action
Expressing The Love of Christ Through Quality Health Care
Programs and Services
Our Services Reach all 10 Regions of the Country
We have health centers across the country.
Akeh Baptist Health Center
Bafoussam Baptist Health Center
Bangolan Baptist Health Center
Bayangam Baptist Health Center
Belo Baptist Health Center
Kouhouat Baptist Health Center
Finkwi Baptist Health Center
Koussam Baptist Health Center
Jikijem Baptist Health Center
Ngounso Baptist Health Center
Lassin Baptist Health Center
Bapi Primary Health Center
Ndu Baptist Health Center
Ngeptang Health Centers
Ekondo TiTi Baptist Health Center
Romkong Baptist Health Center
Kumba Baptist Health Center
Sabga Baptist Health Center
Mamfe Baptist Health Center
Kwighe Baptist Health Center
Ndebaya Baptist Health Center
Nkwen Baptist Health Center
Bafia Baptist Health Center
Nwat Baptist Health Center
Allat Baptist Health Center
Etougebe Baptist Health Center
Nyamboya Baptist Health Center
Ekounou (Ekoumdoum) Baptist Health Center
Sarki Barka Baptist Health Center
Nkoabang Baptist Health Center
Tibati Baptist Health Center
Voundou Baptist Health Center
Bonaberi Baptist Health Center
Kribi Baptist Health Center
For Detail information: https://cbchealthservices.org/health-centers/
The CBC Health Board Chaplaincy is a Christian Chaplaincy, which is a specialized category of Christian ministry. We speak of CHRISTIAN Chaplaincy as an expression of the ministry which has been entrusted to the church by Jesus Christ. The church through her chaplains proclaims Christ’s presence in a broken world. We carry out the following functions
Activities of the CBCHS Chaplaincy
- Grief and loss care
- Spiritual assessment and intervention
- Facilitation of spiritual issues related to loss of limb, function of life
- Communicating with clients/caregivers and seeking to relate their needs and concerns to the Doctors and Nurses
- Facilitation of staff communication
- Conflict resolution among staff members, patients and family members
- Referral linkage to internal and external resources
- Assistance with decision making and communication regarding the affairs of those dying.
- Staff support relative to personal crises or work stress. Etc
- Also as members of an interdisciplinary team, they are involved in medical rounds and patient care conferences where they offer perspectives on the spiritual status of patients.
- They also design and lead in religious ceremonies of worship and rituals such as prayer meditation (devotions) and reading of the Bible.
- Communion and Baptism
- Memorial Services and funerals
As mediators and reconcilers, they function as advocates between the institutions and patients, family members and staff.
- They also clarify and interpret institutional policies to patients,
- They as well meet the Social needs of clients in centers where there are no Social workers.
The CBC Health Services operates the largest and most comprehensive disabilities programs in Cameroon. The Disability program has sub-programs with different focus.
Socio Economic Empowerment of Persons With Disabilities (SEEPD)
The Socio Economic Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SEEPD) program is a disability inclusive development program with the mandate to mainstream disabilities in development for the improvement .
- It seeks to contribute to development by improving on the quality of life of persons with disability in the North West Region of Cameroon
The Empowerment And Disability Inclusive Development (EDID)
- EDID provides financial, technical, material and moral support to Partner Organizations in Cameroon to ensure the empowerment and inclusive development of children and youths with disabilities.
Club Foot Care
- Clubfoot Care (CCC) project is aimed at providing care and treatment to children born with club feet.
- Our child protection service provides child welfare services, and respond to reported concerns about a child’s safety and care
Provide comprehensive women-centered sexual and reproductive health care through an interdisciplinary approach in screening, health education and policy development in Cameroon.
The Women’s Health program of the CBC Health Services offers the following services:
- Cervical cancer prevention (screening and vaccination); the largest so far in the country
- Breast cancer prevention
- Family Planning services
- Management of reproductive tract infections.
Fore more details: https://cbchealthservices.org/services/women-health-program/
The Maternal Child Health program coordinates and supervises the functioning of maternities, Anti-Natal clinics (ANCs), Infant Well-fare Clinics (IWCs) and Clinical/Public Health responses to child hood diseases.
The Non-Communicable Disease Prevention and Control Program of the CBC Health Services currently provides Clinical and Public Health responses to the four main NCDs; Cardiovascular Diseases, Cancers, Chronic Respiratory Diseases and Diabetes, with their associated risk factors of unhealthy diets, tobacco use, alcohol abuse and physical inactivity. However, CBCHS provides ample services for other NCDs notably, Sickle Cell Disease, Mental Health and Trauma cases.
For Detail information: https://cbchealthservices.org/services/non-communicable-disease/
The CBC Health Services Social Workers provide the following variety of services in all CBC Health Services facilities:
- Case management discharge planning
- Health education and promotion
- Assisting patients and their families to follow treatment plan
- Meeting the patient’s medically related social needs
- Counseling, mediation and therapeutic interventions
- Case management, service coordination and multidisciplinary work
- Crisis interventions
- Education, resourcing and practical assistance
- Resourcing and support in accessing appropriate information and financial assistance
- Policy, program design and research
- Specialist clinical expertise in addressing the psychosocial issues of clients
For Detail information: https://cbchealthservices.org/social-services-2/
- Socio-political crisis in the country.
- COVID 19 pandemic.
- Inaccessibility to some of our Health Facilities.
- Remarkable decline in outpatient capacity due to the Socio-Political Crisis and the COVID 19 crisis.
- We pray for medical personnel around the globe and those of the CBCHS in particular who are battling to keep the COVID 19 disease at bay.
- We pray for a peaceful end of the Socio-Political Crisis that has been plaguing the English Speaking Regions of Cameroon for the past four years.
- Pray for Wisdom, Courage, and resilience in CBCHS’ expansion policy.
Scholarships for Children with Disabilities ;https://www.gofundme.com/f/educate-children-with-disabilities