The Cameroon Baptist Convention Men’s Department (CBCMD) was created in April 1971 as the Cameroon Baptist Convention Men’s Fellowship and was transformed into a department in June 2014. The CBCMD’s base unit is the Men’s Fellowship at the level of the Church, organized into coordinating units as Ministries at Association and Field levels, and as a Department at the national level. The Department supports over 1,500 Fellowships with discipleship materials and carryout diverse trainings and events for spiritual empowerment, fellowship and economic capacity building.
Developing Men After God’s Heart.
Our mission is to build men who holistically undertake the Evangelistic, Christ centered and people oriented mission of the body of Christ (the Church).
Strong, Firm And Steadfast
1st Peter 5:10b
Rev. Njego Richard
Men's Department Director
Rev. Njego Richard Talla hails from Ndu Sub-Division of the North West Region of Cameroon. He holds a Bachelors Degree in Theology from the Cameroon Baptist Theological Seminary Ndu and currently studies Leadership and Administration at masters level. He is happily married to Talla Beltha and they are blessed with three children ( Ransom, Rapha & Ranita). He has served with the CBC as Pastor at different levels and now Director of the Cameroon Baptist Convention Men's Department since 2018.
Mr. Yuniwo Edison
CBCMD Board Chairman
Mr. Yuniwo Edison ...
The Men's Department In Action
Ambassadors For Christ
Programs and Services
Our Services Reach all 10 Regions of the Country
Through Church Fellowships, we aim to introduce lost men to Jesus Christ and engage Christian men in sharing their Faith.
Through our well designed discipleship lessons, we aim to develop faithful, maturing Christian men within the fellowship of the Church.
We ensure that all men in the church discover and use their spiritual gifts within the church and in the community.
At the Church, Association, Field and Convention level we engage men to be on mission with God in their workplaces, communities and world.
We organize yearly capacity building programs at all levels to assist men gain livelihood skills to earn an independent income and support their families.
At all levels, we organize regular health talks and educational programs on men's health. We partner with the CBC Health Services to integrate health education in our discipleship lessons. These lessons are consumed by thousands of men in and out of the Cameroon Baptist Convention.
Our theme for 2019 was "The Role of a Christian Man in the Community." We promote community development because we believe that transformed men are light of the world and salt of the earth. CBC men have been active in cleaning their communities and making it habitable for all as part of their Christian calling.
Construction of CBC Men's Retreat Center
We are raising fund to construct a two floor multipurpose center to serve the following purposes:
- Provide comfortable facilities for the hosting of ministry meetings.
- Provide facilitates for individual and group retreats.
- Provide hosting facilities for ceremonies and conferences.
- Provide rest house facilities.
- Serve as a community resource center.
- Generate sustainable income for missions.
Be a partner to this kingdom investment and share in the success story.
Use the contact details on this website to get to us.
Looking back within the CBCMD, there has been significant progress with VISION2020 as more men are moving to front line positions in churches and advancing the mission of Christ. Nevertheless, it is still evident that the CBCMD is operating far below its potential. Some specific challenges include:
- The low participation of men in various ministries of the church.
- The poor financial contributions reflected in the weak financial base of the men’s department.
- The low moral standards among men.
- The absence of a robust reporting system to ensure that work done is documented and properly reported.
- The emergence of the socio-political crisis in the North West and South West regions of Cameroon has disrupted ministry.
- The presence of COVID-19 has worsen the bad situation that we found ourselves in and we are forced to think of new ways to do ministry out of the "normal."
- Pray for more men to come to faith, grow to maturity and take up their leadership role in the church.
- Pray for more men to be active in sharing their faith and taking their responsibility in their family, church and community.
- Pray for men to have a heart for missions and give it their best for the glory of God.
- Pray for the funds and other resources needed for the Men's Retreat Center Project to be realized for the glory of God.
- Pray for good health for everyone and for God's intervention in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pray for peace and stability for the Anglophone regions of Cameroon and other parts of the world that are in conflict.