The Cameroon Baptist Convention Women’s Department believes that a woman is created by God in His image and endowed with natural abilities and spiritual gifts that will enable her to fulfill her God intended role in the family, church and community. We uphold evangelism/discipleship as the core of our existence. We recognize our diversity yet uphold unity in all women’s fellowships. We hold the Bible as our highest authority in all matters of faith and practice. We believe that God’s assignment to us is very clear, holistic in nature and should be diligently carried out in the family, church and in the community ( Matthew .5:16 ; Luke. 4:18-19). Our membership is composed of women of all ages, single or married. We have a present membership of above twenty-five thousand (25,000) women in 32 geographical areas called Fields. We also have a branch or an extension in the USA.
Christian women growing in their faith in Christ, developing Christian character, developing potentials and offering services in the family, church and community.
To glorify God through the lives of women, young girls and children by evangelizing and teaching them to grow in their faith/morals, share the love of Christ, fellowship/ worship God, and build relationship with other women. We also seek to empower the women and girls holistically through trainings that enable them to fit well in the society and build a better world.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Director, CBC Women's Department
Mrs. Fubam Caroline is holder of a Bachelor of theology degree in theology from the Cameroon Baptist Theological Seminary in Ndu. She was a grade one teacher, taught in the seminary and headed the Women’s Ministry Department of the Seminary till 2010 where she was voted as the Women’s Director till date
Mrs. Chia Margaret Zih
CBC Women’s Department Chairlady
Mrs. Chia Margaret Zih is a Teacher by Profession and holds Bachelors of Education degree. She became a Christian in November 1985 and joined the women’s fellowship. She served as Church Chairlady, Association Financial Secretary, Field Chairlady and now Convention National Chairlady. She is married to Dr. Chia kwanga.
- Address:Nkwen Baptist Center
- Email:email@example.comOpens in your application
The Women's Department In Action
Women Who Shine The Light
Programs and Services
Empowering Women Holistically
- We meet weekly at local Church level and study God’s Word, build/improve the capacity of women in different areas of need.
- We produce Christian literature and other related materials to facilitate the holistic growth and development of the woman and the girl child.
This is an area that seeks to meet specific human needs to bring about positive change in people’s lives as a result of the activities and projects undertaken. We thus visit prisons, hospitals, centers of the people living with disabilities, widows and orphans, the elderly etc. We focus on reaching out to the needy and less privileged, by meeting their physical, psycho-social and spiritual needs
- We are engaged in projects in grassroots which help to develop the underprivileged women and girls holistically (eg Home Economic centers) we also carry out projects at National level, still for developing the underprivileged women and girls who leave the villages to live in the cities.
- 3H Girls Movement-(Head, Heart and Hands for Jesus) Ages- 7-15): We have produced a manual with very good lessons which develop these girls holistically.
- Children’s New Life Ministry (CNLM): This ministry focuses on Children in local churches and in the neighborhoods. It seeks to help the children know and experience Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and also trains them to grow as morally upright citizens.
- Young Women- Ages 15-25): this is a special group in our Church and in the community. In the church they feel they have gone pass the age to belong to the youth group and are too young to join the Women’s group in the church since majority of these women are married and mothers.
We run a Day Care Center in our Headquarters in Bamenda Cameroon which assists to take care of babies while their mothers work. One of these centers is also attached to our Nursery and Primary school Mutengene. We desire to have many of these centers in our cities.
Every year we offer motivational awards to the best females in conduct in our Baptist Secondary Schools and Seminaries.
The CBC women run a Nursery / Primary in Mutengene in the South West Region of our Country.
We carry out Adult literacy programs to assist our women and girls who have dropped out from school.
We carry out ministry to the widows. Capacity buildings Seminars are organized and they are taught some income generating activities.
We organize prayer retreats and observe the first week of January as a week of prayer and thanks giving in all our women’s groups, we observe the Baptist Women’s Union of Africa Prayer Day every 1st Thursday of February and the Baptist World Alliance Women’s Prayer day every 1st Monday of November.
This has been another auxiliary of the CBC Women since the foundation in 1957. They have unique programs to meet the peculiar needs of the Pastor’s wife.
- Limited Resources: It is true that Money is the “Wheel” that moves ministry. Our Major challenge is finances. About 80% of our CBC women are from the rural areas and depend mostly on their farm produce for livelihood. They use the small proceeds from the sales of farm produce to sponsor their children in school hence supporting church ministry is very challenging .We therefore suffer lack of finances to carry out our visions.
- Low level of literacy: Even the younger generation of women is mostly made up of school dropouts with low literacy. Some local church women’s groups in rural areas have challenges teaching our discipleship manuals because of inability to read and write.
- Limited Knowledge in ICTs: Few women are computer literates and hence cannot access social media not to talk of communicating information through the internet.
- Limited staff due to limited finances.
- Reporting from the grassroots is slow and not even reliable.
- Pray that the CBC Women at home and abroad will continue to grow in Christ’s likeness and character no matter the challenges they go through.
- Pray that the CBC Women should treat Evangelism/ Discipleship as a matter of urgency especially at a time as this.
- Pray that God should raise friends and funders for the WD so that their goals can be attained.
- Pray that the CBC women should be more committed in the work of the Lord.
- Pray that the women should be ready to enroll in the adult literacy programs the Departments is offering in our local church premises.
- Prayer that women should enroll in ICT programs to become computer literate.
- Pray that Parents should devote more time to train and discipline their children when they are still young.
- Pray that God should continue to provide for the CBC Women at home and abroad as they contribute financially to realize the Department goals.
- Pray for team spirit in WD leaders at all levels.
- Pray for faithfulness in the leadership of the WD at all levels.
- Pray that the each local church should have a functional Children and 3H ministries.